Last Updated: September 24, 2014
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
- Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
- Updating and Correcting Information
- Your Choices
- Security of Information
- Age Restrictions
- Contact Us
1.Collection and Use of Personal Information.
Depending on how you use the Site, we may ask you to share personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) with us. Whether you choose to share your Personal Information is completely up to you, but keep in mind that you may not be able to access some areas of the Site or purchase products offered on the Site without sharing Personal Information. Personal Information includes any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact or locate you. Examples include your name, address, phone number, age, email address, and credit card information. Below are some examples of when we collect Personal Information and how we use it.
- Account Registration. When you register to be a member of BFC, we will ask for information about you, including your first and last name, email address, phone number, and birthday. This information is required for BFC membership. You will not be able to purchase wine from BFC unless you are a BFC member. At this time, you will be asked to create a password for your account. Your email address will be your username.
We may use your email address to send you order confirmations, notifications, and promotional emails, such as new product offerings, special discounts, and third-party offers. If you would rather not receive promotional emails, please see the section below titled “Your Choices.”
- Payment Information. To process any purchases you may make on the Site, we require your credit card information, billing information and, if different, shipping information. We will store your billing and shipping information; your credit card information will not be stored. Credit card transactions are processed through industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) by a third party, which only uses your information for that purpose.
- Feedback. If you contact us to give us feedback, register a complaint or ask questions about BFC, the Site or otherwise, we may store your communications, including any Personal Information you include in them, so we can effectively respond to you.
2. Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information. BFC may collect non-personal information when you use the Site whether or not you are a BFC member. Non-personal information is information that does not identify a specific user of the Site. This type of information may include things like the URL of the website you visited before and after visiting our Site, the type of browser you are using, access times, and the IP address of the computer you use to visit the Site. We use non-personally identifiable information for the following general purposes: to improve the Site and our products, to help us administer the Site, to conduct research, and to analyze trends. We may also rely upon third parties (such as Google Analytics) to assist with the collection of non-personal information. We collect and store non-personally identifiable information in the following ways:
- Cookies. We collect some anonymous information about how you use the Site by setting and accessing cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer. These cookies track information such as how often you visit the Site, what pages you view, and where you go after you leave the Site. The cookies track your computer, not you. They are not connected to any personally identifiable information about you. If you choose to disable a cookie, you may not be able to use certain features of the Site.
- Activity and Log Data. We automatically store information related to your use of the Site in our log files, such as the pages you view on the Site, your browser type, IP address, operating system, referring URL and the date and time of your visit. This information is not tied to personally identifiable information about you.
- Web Beacons and Other Tracking Devices. We may use other industry standard technologies like web beacons or tracking pixels to count the number of users that visit a given page on the Site. Web beacons are used to report on site traffic and how users interact with the Site. The web beacons do not identify individual users and analysis of data obtained is performed on an aggregate basis.
3. Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties. BFC will not sell, rent or license your information, including your Personal Information, to anyone for any reason. However, BFC may disclose information that we collect from you in the following circumstances:
- Disclosure By Law; Protection of Us and Others. We may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, such as subpoenas or court orders. We may also disclose information you provide if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is needed to (i) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law), (ii) protect or defend BFC’s or a third party’s rights, interests, or property, or (iii) to prevent potential fraud or other illegal or prohibited activity.
- Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with companies that perform services for us, such as analyzing customer data and processing credit card payments. They have access to Personal Information as needed to perform their functions, but may not disclose your Personal Information for other purposes.
- With Your Permission. We may disclose your Personal Information when we have your specific consent to do so or upon your request.
4. Updating and Correcting Information. Access and control over your Personal Information on the Site is readily available to you through your account settings. If you wish to revise, update or correct any of your Personal Information, you may do so by logging into your account and accessing the “My Membership” section within your account. We encourage you to update your Personal Information promptly if it changes. BFC may, however, maintain a copy of historical information for audit, legal or other purposes.
5. Your Choices. BFC provides you with the ability to opt-out of receiving promotional emails (e.g., new service offerings, special discounts and third-party offers) from us. If you wish to discontinue receiving promotional emails, you can opt-out by using the link found at the bottom of each promotional email you receive from BFC, or by visiting the “Contact Us” section of the Site and sending an email to email@example.com with “Opt Out” in the subject line. Please note that you cannot opt-out of receiving administrative and transaction-related emails from us. These are emails that relate to your account or your activity on the Site.
6. Security of Information. We take security of your Personal Information seriously and take precautions to protect your Personal Information. We encrypt certain sensitive information (such as credit card information) using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, and implement other commercially reasonable procedures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access and disclosure. But, no method of data transmission over the Internet or data storage is 100% secure and therefore, we cannot guarantee or promise, and you should not expect, the absolute security of any information transmitted to or from the Site.
7. Age Restrictions. The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 21. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 21, and no part of the Site is designed to attract anyone under the age of 21. If you become aware that someone under the age of 21 has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that an individual under 21 has registered as a member and provided us with Personal Information, we will take steps to remove such information and terminate that person’s account.
Boich Family Cellar